Left 4 Dead 2 Banned in Australia

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,458
DarkAstraea Posted: 09-18-2009 8:15 AM

"According to Australia's Office of Film and Literature Classification, Left 4 Dead 2's content exceeds that allowable for an MA15+ rating. Any such game is rated as Refused Classification, effectively banning it. From the report: 'The game contains realistic, frenetic, and unrelenting violence which is inflicted upon "the Infected" who are living humans infected with a rabies-like virus that causes them to act violently. The player can choose from a variety of weapons including pistols, shotguns, machine guns, and sniper rifles. However, it is the use of the "melee" weapons such as the crowbar, axe, chainsaw and Samurai sword which inflict the most damage. These close-in attacks cause copious amounts of blood spray and splatter, decapitations and limb dismemberment as well as locational damage where contact is made to the enemy which may reveal skeletal bits and gore.'"

(Clickz Mea!!)

Unlike in sports, the game of war has no set time limit and no points are awarded, so how do you determine the winners and the losers? When all your enemies are destroyed? 多分そして。
  • | Post Points: 41

Wow...

Not sure what else to say about this one.... Maybe they should have called them Zombies and not "Infected"! lol

The funny thing is this will sell more games. I for one am more interested because they have made more changes than I first thought.

www.ParadisesGarage.com 
Remember... Where ever you go, there you are...

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,293

Yeah, Australia does that a lot. They didn't like Fallout 3 very much either.

Some of the comments on Kotaku are hilarious...

" I'm going to piss off the entire country of Australia with one statement.

Vegemite sandwichs are awful."

"Yo Australia imma let you finish. I know you just banned Left4Dead 2, but Manhunt 2 was one of the best bans OF ALL TIME!"

"surely its because of this? [www.geek.com]"

"Stingray melee weapon confirmed."

http://www.paradisesgarage.com/mcweb2/photos/troop/images/2372/original.aspx[/IMG]

Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,458

ROFL!! "Stingray melee weapon confirmed." PWNED HAHA!!

Unlike in sports, the game of war has no set time limit and no points are awarded, so how do you determine the winners and the losers? When all your enemies are destroyed? 多分そして。
  • | Post Points: 23

lol...

www.ParadisesGarage.com 

Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,458

Modified version of Left 4 Dead 2 has been approved in Australia.

"Last month we discussed news that Valve's upcoming shooter Left 4 Dead 2 had been denied classification in Australia, which meant the game could not be legally sold there. Now, after a series of edits which removed "considerable amounts of gore from gameplay," Australia's classification board has given the game an MA15+ rating. Their new report (PDF) says, "No wound detail is shown and the implicitly dead bodies and blood splatter disappear as they touch the ground. ... The board notes that the game no longer contains depictions of decapitation, dismemberment, wound detail or piles of dead bodies lying about the environment." The unmodified version of the game may still be approved, pending a review that concludes on October 22nd."

Kinda takes the fun out of it being a zombie game =( and with the high demand of graphics and quality of games these days i feel bad for those Australians.

• | Post Points: 41
Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,293

It might as well be:

"We wanted to do everything we could to get this shipped out to Australia. They represent a fairly large market share and we need all the money we can get. As a result, we were forced to remove the zombies from the game. It was apparent to us that they resembled either deranged living humans or dead humans (the latter being more likely). Both are completely unacceptable in a video game. Because the game needs enemies, the zombies have been replaced by invisible entities. We believe this will add a new level of excitement to the game."

http://www.paradisesgarage.com/mcweb2/photos/troop/images/2372/original.aspx[/IMG]

I hope they don't nerf the US version because of this...

www.ParadisesGarage.com 

Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,458

No everyone else gets the unmodified version =P

I can live with that... :)

www.ParadisesGarage.com 

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Copyright {MC}ParaDOX