The Adventures of the MC Lab Rats (Rough Draft)

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

ParaDOX Posted: 07-29-2010 11:55 PM

It was a fine Sunday evening during the summer of 29485 and some of the MC Lab Rats were looking for some fun, a little extra SK wouldn't hurt either. We started gathering around the resurrection portal in the garden of Lord Mordeth, having death expressed there for the explicit reason of dealing some pain and death (although temporary) to those damned Redeemed mobs that frequent the old temples by the barracks.

So far there were three of us, which meant there were four as I; Teknocrat was bringing my alter ego, Teknite a then somewhat useful 213 soldier. In addition we had our most senior soldier and fellow scientist Ghettoblast, his name reminding one of the ancient days before Nanite enhanced audio implants. To round up our quickly forming group we had our leading Enforcer, Evondrei, although he hasn't realized his full potential yet he has more than proven his worth in many a battle. One of our fellow Lab Rats, an engie named Khaliss was waiting on the platform as well. Shout and prod though we might, he heard not our calls to arms. He was probably off playing a game of Outside. A bunch of us enjoy playing it from time to time. Never-the-less we waited and called out to our brethren on the LFT module looking for two more to join the fray. But none answered.

It was time for us to rethink our plans. After some discussion, we decided to commit our forces to eliminating the alien scourge plaguing our fine planet of Rubi-Ka. So after tackling with ease two trips to one of their motherships, Evondrei suggested opening up our fine city to an Alien Raid. So with hopes of luring one of their high level Generals to the fight we lowered our city's shields with anticipation. After slaughtering 8 waves of hackers, scouts, ensigns and zix they sent against us and our city controller they finally sent down a meager level 232 General. After a short but entertaining battle we noticed they left the portal to their spaceship open!! What fools! As one we ran towards the glimmering energy beam, smiles on our faces as we contemplated the havoc we were about to unleash upon them. Within moments of our boarding they came upon us with a vengeance. These were no low level, easily dispatched run of the mill aliens. We were assaulted by some of fiercest alien warriors yours truly had come across in my varied battles. Those in charge of this ship we were ransacking must have realized the threat we posed and to level the playing field made sure every alien we came across was at least 20 to 40 levels higher than our highest member. Unfortunately, Just as the battle was heating up Evondrei got called back to home base which left us in a situation we were not sure how to handle. We were outnumbered and judging by the damage they were throwing at us we seemed doomed to failure.

Against our better judgment we decided to press on, figuring we hadn't seen the inside of a reclaim terminal for quite some time now and at least it would be a quick ride back home.

So expecting to meet our deaths at any moment we continued. Considering the strength and numbers of our foes I decided to switch strategies and put my psychological and Nano skills to good purpose. I quickly shifted focus and made my soldier my secondary persona. I adapted my attacks to force them to calm down, simultaneously damping their initiatives while they contemplated their very existence. I tried to force some of them to help me but was unsuccessful. Their psychic was just too high. This new strategy coupled with the sheer robustness and damage output of Ghettoblast (now I know why they call him that, he Blasts them back to the Ghettos!!!)

We traveled through room after room and not once did we come across anything that resembled a console or control access point. Telepathic control? Perhaps something similar to our Nano skills. We had made great strides I adapting their Teknology to our purposes. 

After what seemed like an eternity of drawn out battles we came upon the access button for what appeared to be the senior commander's room. This was our chance to take out some of their command structure. We proceeded forward with apprehension, expecting to end up in the reclaim. As soon as we zoned in several lackeys ran across the room at us. I immediately hit them with a barrage of Nanos designed to disjoint their psyche. The effect was immediate. They stopped in their tracks while Ghetto blasted them with the Anger of Xan. Teknite followed suit and pummeled them with bursts of Energy from his overused Superior Perennium Blaster.

One of the Ensigns appeared to be slightly weak minded to me, so I decided to try to take its mind over. Success! Where I had failed on all the other occasions during this foray I finally managed to dominate one of them. The small but sturdy alien joined our forces and fought alongside us as if he had been doing so its whole life. To me it always seems ironic to kill someone or something with one of its own kind.

After dealing with the lackeys we proceeded to deal with each of the mini bosses leading up to the Fleet Admiral. The Fleet Admiral was a stout level 273 Khazoh.. Uh, whatever, who pays attention to these things while fighting for his life? Something I wouldn't be worried about if we had more firepower, but it was just us.

No way for help to get in here even if we wanted to. I calmed the remaining adds and as they contemplated their existence we started on the Fleet Admiral.

First Ghettoblast sprayed lead to suppress the one creature horde that was the Fleet Admiral. Meanwhile I used my Nano skills to encumber him with three kinds of weird red tape.  This slowed his attacks to give Ghetto a chance.

My soldier poured on the Energy as well. We only had a short while to finish the fight before Ghetto's mirror shield ran out leaving him vulnerable to the Fleet Admirals massive damage output.

He yelled out to me "this is time for some Last Minute Negotiations!". I quickly recalled my trusty Corporate Guardian and had my soldier desist his attacks and hit him with my best calm Nano.

He ceased hostilities at once. His feelings of hatred a thing of the past. He was hurt though, more than two thirds of his life force were gone by this time. The short reprieve in hostilities was allowing him to regain some health. Ghetto quickly sat down to administer emergency medical treatments. He was able to get his second wind just as my hold on the mind of the Fleet Admiral wore off. We quickly resumed the fight. And slowly but surely we wore down the Fleet Admiral until he finally expired with a shudder. As he slumped to the floor of his ship Ghetto proceeded to ransack his remains for anything useful. We found several useful items on him that we could use in back in the Labs. I picked up some Alien Tissue Samples for further study.

Worn out but still on the adrenaline high from the battle we quickly made our way out the now seemingly abandoned ship. We hoped to make it out before they sent reinforcements to reclaim the ship. The transport beam was still set to our city coordinates and we quickly arrived at the relative safety of home. We vowed to continue the fight against the invaders trying to take our home away.

ParaDOX
Teknologist, Teknocrat, Teknite, etc...

www.ParadisesGarage.com 
Remember... Where ever you go, there you are...

Swordguy replied on 07-30-2010 12:08 AM

Marvelous.  Brilliantly told.  more play on words in here than a game of scrabble with a schizo.

loved every minute it it para :D

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Points 202
khaliss replied on 08-24-2010 6:24 PM

Great adventure telling, waiting for more of story as with shadowlands, maybe more of us without a home & how those with a home chose them Wink -maybe more of our view of ICC's role in rk! Beer

• | Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Copyright {MC}ParaDOX