China Hijacks Internet Traffic

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,293
Troop Posted: 11-27-2010 6:21 PM

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/science/july-dec10/chinainternet_11-26.html

This is pretty scary. Thoughts?

http://www.paradisesgarage.com/mcweb2/photos/troop/images/2372/original.aspx[/IMG]

• | Post Points: 41
Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,458

Do you know whats even more scary? The fact that the US is shutting down and blocking domains to the world even though the COICA bill hasn't even passed.....

(Clickeh)

Unlike in sports, the game of war has no set time limit and no points are awarded, so how do you determine the winners and the losers? When all your enemies are destroyed? 多分そして。
  • | Post Points: 5

Incredibly scary....

www.ParadisesGarage.com 
Remember... Where ever you go, there you are...

Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,458

Never mind, found something even more scarier....[North Korea]

Unlike in sports, the game of war has no set time limit and no points are awarded, so how do you determine the winners and the losers? When all your enemies are destroyed? 多分そして。
  • | Post Points: 41
Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,293

North Korea is very scary indeed. It seems like every day now the tension escalates. It seems like it's only a matter of time before war breaks out. Hopefully it never happens...

http://www.paradisesgarage.com/mcweb2/photos/troop/images/2372/original.aspx[/IMG]

Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,293

nytimes:

A global computer hacking effort: China’s Politburo directed the intrusion into Google’s computer systems in that country, a Chinese contact told the American Embassy in Beijing in January, one cable reported. The Google hacking was part of a coordinated campaign of computer sabotage carried out by government operatives, private security experts and Internet outlaws recruited by the Chinese government. They have broken into American government computers and those of Western allies, the Dalai Lama and American businesses since 2002, cables said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/29/world/29cables.html?hp

• | Post Points: 23
Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,458

You do you know that China does this all the time? It's nothing really to be surprised about or scared about cause it happens regularly, even Russia does it too. They're the biggest countries for cyber warfare and America is the largest target because they mutually hate each other and America has a big "kick me" sign attached to her forehead.

America has a weak security when it comes to cyber warfare, their Cyber Command is primarily based on protecting military networks and systems. Anything government or corporate related is defended with private companies and Homeland Security.

So what America needs to do is get its act together on cyber security. It needs to expand its security to cover all of America. Given that it would take a serious amount of man power to make everything secure, but as we can already see...China is winning the war right now. If no country steps up, China and or Russia will dominate the cyber world.

Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,293

While I agree that it's nothing to be surprised about, I disagree that it's nothing to be worried (scared?) about. Giant spiders bite people all the time. Am I scared of those? Hell yeah I am. It happening regularly increases my worry. America is where the internet started, we shouldn't be losing a cyber war (who says we're losing, anyways? What kind of information do we have on China?).

I agree, America does need to gets its act together on cyber security. Technology runs everything. If we don't have control over our own networks, we don't have control over anything...

Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,458

Your military's cyber defense is one of the top in the world. As long as your military's networks and are secure it is a less threat to the world, imo.

It happens all the time, viruses, trojans, where do you think most of them are made? (Overseas) America starting the internet doesn't mean anything. It's like saying America knows everything and has the power to control everything in the internet. It's spread world wide and many people have created new and innovative things with it.

We have yet to see or hear America on a full offensive in the cyber war, maybe if Wikileaks releases information that they have then we can see, but for now it looks as though America is on the defense. The only offensive action that is coming out of America is from corporate defenses (as those seem to be the most targeted), but not like China or Russia cares anyway. I feel like they want to instigate something out of America.

Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,293

DarkAstraea:

America starting the internet doesn't mean anything. It's like saying America knows everything and has the power to control everything in the internet.

No, I'm just saying that if we were capable of developing something like the internet before anyone else you'd think we'd be capable of controlling and defending it better than anyone else as well. We're (America) the most technologically superior country in the world, right? Our military's cyber defense is incredibly important, but our government and businesses store a LOT of vital information that shouldn't be in the hands of our potential enemies.

Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,458

The internet has changed A LOT since it first came out and many nations have put their input on it. So the internet is in the hands of the world, not America alone. It's like the COICA bill, they are trying to push their views on everyone when the internet is supposed to be free reign. Some even say that it goes against the constitution.

America being the most technologically superior isn't exactly right. You are the biggest military power with the best military technology, but overall TECHNOLOGICALLY you have some good and some bad. There are technologies that are made in other countries that are far more superior than what America has developed. For instance, Japan has the world's best eco-friendly cities, but America chooses not to follow because of the amount of money it would take.

Top 25 Contributor
Points 265

Damn. Like a child who won't stop complaining about stuff until they get their way. I'm up to date on all the other info dealing with this sad country, but I must of missed this. Then again this shouldn't even be a surprise to anyone. This is a country that could see a 5 year old child walking with a pop gun as a potential "military act of provocation". Christ they should learn to focus on the starving citizens more than "who's out to get them".

Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,458

Damn yoo Hilly, go back to work!! If they started focusing on those not out to get them it wouldn't be America anymore.

Top 25 Contributor
Points 265

Hahaha about to go to work right now Stick out tongue. Yeah true. Or South Korea, or anyone who isn't china at the current moment.

We are still ahead of the game for the most part. Most of the best tech is invented here and then developed in other countries. China is one big Clone/Copy engine. Japan takes our technology and improves upon it and then sells it back to us.

A lot of the problem is education. Other countries put a lot more emphasis on educating their populations than we do. We do have a lot of talent, but the other countries do it cheaper, not always better, usually not better.

www.ParadisesGarage.com 
Remember... Where ever you go, there you are...

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS
Copyright {MC}ParaDOX