Microsoft takes initiative and works with Jailbreakers

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,458
DarkAstraea Posted: 02-14-2011 11:56 AM

Slashdot:
"Microsoft had a sit down with the first people to jailbreak their Windows Phone 7. Seems like good progress was made. This seems like a good approach to me. It would be great if Sony, Apple, Microsoft, and several Android phone makers would implement a simple development switch in their phones — these would obviously void the warranty, but it would give hackers the opportunity to actually own their devices without fear of having to jailbreak all over again whenever an update arrives."

Microsoft FTW, working with community developers instead of pounding them with DCMAs and lawsuits.

[Clickeh]

Unlike in sports, the game of war has no set time limit and no points are awarded, so how do you determine the winners and the losers? When all your enemies are destroyed? 多分そして。

Microsoft usually does a good job of listening to the development community. I think that is probably the main reason they are still #1 in the OS department. They provide easy to use and very powerful development tools. Some even for free.

I have played with the development tools for Windows Phone 7 as well as Blackberry and Android and can tell you Windows Phone 7 is the best mobile development environment out there. (iphone development requires a mac, and that's not going to happen!) Things that you have to either jump through hoops or buy thrird party tools to do on other platforms is built right it. Web Service support for one. There are other things as well. It c#.net and silverlight and XNA for the development of apps. Very easy and powerful.

I would love to develop for this platform but they have yet to support the Business world yet. Using Xbox Live for application deployment is not an option for us.

www.ParadisesGarage.com 
Remember... Where ever you go, there you are...

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Copyright {MC}ParaDOX