Starcraft II

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,293
Troop Posted: 05-19-2007 11:26 PM

Someone call SlayerS_'BoxeR' (the best Terran player ever, who I believe is still serving his time in the Korean military), Starcraft 2 has been announced! www.starcraft2.com

You can go to http://media.pc.ign.com/media/850/850126/vids_1.html for gameplay footage. This game is going to be amazing, and as the marine says at the end of the trailer "Hell, it's about time".

http://www.paradisesgarage.com/mcweb2/photos/troop/images/2372/original.aspx[/IMG]

yeah! this games gonna be sick! cant wait to play it! even tho i sucked at starcraft i enjoyed it! LOVE THIS GAME!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Points 428

AT LAST!!!!!!!

“The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp” “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.” - Terry Pratchett
  • | Post Points: 23
Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,458

News Update:

Blizzard has just announced that StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty won't be released this year. From their announcement: "Over the past couple of weeks, it has become clear that it will take longer than expected to prepare the new Battle.net for the launch of the game. The upgraded Battle.net is an integral part of the StarCraft II experience and will be an essential part of all of our games moving forward. This extra development time will be critical to help us realize our vision for the service. ... As we work to make Battle.net the premier online gaming destination, we'll also continue to polish and refine StarCraft II, and we look forward to delivering a real-time strategy gaming experience worthy of the series' legacy in the first half of 2010."

(Click Me)

Not really new news, everyone could probably see this coming from a mile away.

Edit 1: In reading other news, this upgraded Battle.net will not include LAN support for some idiotic reason and everyone is in an outrage because of this, they are now following the footsteps of EA and its games. Just another form of DRM Sad to stop hackers (like that will ever happen Stick out tongue)

Outraged Gamer:
The Spin -

"The upgraded Battle.net is an integral part of the StarCraft II experience and will be an essential part of all of our games moving forward."

Should Be Read As -

The upgraded Battle.net is a required anti-consumer aspect of the StarCraft II experience and will be an essential part of our plan to build control of obsolescence into all of our games moving forward.

Edit 2:

"Blizzard has announced that they will be dropping LAN support for Starcraft II, citing piracy and quality concerns. Instead, all multiplayer games will be hosted through their new Battle.net service. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by this move, but wasn't LAN play how the original Starcraft became popular? Blizzard said, 'More people on Battle.net means ... even more resources devoted to evolving this online platform to cater to further community building and new ways to enjoy the game online. World of Warcraft is a great example of a game that has evolved beyond anyone's imagination since their Day 1 and will continue to do so to better the player experience for as long as players support the title. ... We would not take out LAN if we did not feel we could offer players something better.'"

(Click Me)

(Click Me!)

Unlike in sports, the game of war has no set time limit and no points are awarded, so how do you determine the winners and the losers? When all your enemies are destroyed? 多分そして。
  • | Post Points: 41

no LAN? I don't even play the game and I think that is a lame move on their part....

www.ParadisesGarage.com 
Remember... Where ever you go, there you are...

• | Post Points: 23
Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,458

Yeah it really does disturb gamers a lot that a game has no LAN. Tourneys and LAN parties will have to rely on the interwebs to play, but what happens when the ISP goes down for maintanence or something? Just causes more problems for people that want to play LAN.

Unlike in sports, the game of war has no set time limit and no points are awarded, so how do you determine the winners and the losers? When all your enemies are destroyed? 多分そして。
Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,293

Blizzard has just announced that StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty won't be released this year.

Anyone who's surpised by this should get shot in the foot.

Blizzard has announced that they will be dropping LAN support for Starcraft II

That sucks! I don't think I'll ever have a need to use LAN on Starcraft II, but it upsets me that they're taking out that option. They're doing it to prevent piracy but it probably won't even have an effect. Pirates will just find a way around it anyways. It really is just another DRM that negatively effects players and does nothing against criminals.

http://www.paradisesgarage.com/mcweb2/photos/troop/images/2372/original.aspx[/IMG]

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Copyright {MC}ParaDOX