Warcraft 3 Map Beta Testing

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,458
DarkAstraea Posted: 08-02-2007 4:24 PM

Currently {MC} Imaginary and I are working on a map for Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne. We need a group of beta testers who are willing to go through levels to balance out the traps and towers that we are making and also to increase difficulty of the level. If you wish to become a beta tester please tell us. You will have your own commands such as level skipping, your own personal builder, and more. Currently we are on the alpha version of the map, but once we go into beta it will be level testing from there on out until release.

Map Details: A tower defense style game. Enemies come down from the left and right pathways and then go up to the center.
Map Levels: 30 at beta release. More levels after final release.

Thank You for Your Cooperation and Have a Great Summer
DarkMidoriko and Imaginary

Unlike in sports, the game of war has no set time limit and no points are awarded, so how do you determine the winners and the losers? When all your enemies are destroyed? 多分そして。
  • | Post Points: 125
Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,293
Troop replied on 08-02-2007 7:16 PM

To clear anything up, I'm also known as {MC}Troop. We play on Azeroth U.S. East, under the names DarkMidoriko and Imaginary. You will need to post here to get our attention, or come on ventrilo. In fact, you will need to come on Ventrilo regardless, so you should go download the client version at www.ventrilo.com. There's a post under our Servers topic all about Ventrilo, what it is, how it works, and what our connection information is. It's
Hostname or IP: Vent2.paradisesgarage.com
Port: 2318
Default Channel: Chillin

Hope to see you soon.

http://www.paradisesgarage.com/mcweb2/photos/troop/images/2372/original.aspx[/IMG]

Awesome! I wish you guys all the best with your map. I can't help you or see the map for myself (there is just no way I'm going to play war3) so I would just love it if you guys posted some screenshots.

Big Smile

www.ParadisesGarage.com 
Remember... Where ever you go, there you are...

• | Post Points: 5

lol id love to beta test but, u guys will prolly aprove that, i think i suck too much lol.. i wouldnt be helpin cuz i wouldnt know wat im doin haha.. anyways im sure ull find lots of ppl and if u dont well.. itd suck even tho im sure ull be able to make a good job anyway Smile

Top 75 Contributor
Points 23

Hello. This is Swiss a.k.a YKH_Warlock on Wc3. Sounds like a great map so  I would definetly love to beta test for this map. I wrote down the vent adress and will talk to you guys in a few days on vent.

Regards,

Swiss

Cake, Pancake, Cookie, Waffle or Pie.... Which side are you on?
  • | Post Points: 23
Top 50 Contributor
Points 92

OMG I posted! Yeah sure, I'll love to beta test your map, could be fun. Just xfire me when you want me to come on the vent server.

Why follow directions when I have people to tell me what to do?
Top 50 Contributor
Points 892

i wouldn't mind beta testing ur map to even though i'm prob not gonna be that good ur map cause i don't play war3 much.....

Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,458

lol awesome guys thanks for all your support. I just pulled off an all-nighter just now doing the Multi-Board Function. IT WAS INTENSE. 3 - 4 hours of trigger scripting and testing errors. But i finally got it down. Currently on version 28 Alpha. Beta coming soon once we get all the costs for buildings, towers, etc. done. Then i gotta add in about 20 more levels which shouldnt take too long but right now i'm just gonna relax until Troop gets on lol i cant even go to sleep just too energetic!!

Edit: I'll also add in everyone's own personal towers or their own hero for beta testing when the time comes to it. Just gotta get all the basics down first.

Unlike in sports, the game of war has no set time limit and no points are awarded, so how do you determine the winners and the losers? When all your enemies are destroyed? 多分そして。

lol do u think yall still be beta testin in 7-8 days?? cuz i still wanna test that map.. seein how much time u put in it.. itll sure be great! chyeah!

Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,458

well there's gonna be a lot of beta testing to adjust tower and trap prices, also the levels' hp, movement speed, etc etc. So maybe we'll still be beta testing gonna need about 1 - 3 more days to get alpha finished. Then its off to beta.

Top 25 Contributor
Points 530

I would thoroughly enjoy having the highly esteemed priviledge of being able to participate in the very early stages of a game and helping to make sure all of its anomical functions are properly attuned to the ability of the game to cause pleasure for someone to play other than it's creator and people like the creator.

Lag is like AIDS, it doesn't kill you, everything else does.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Copyright {MC}ParaDOX