Headsets

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

Rush Retrospective Posted: 04-23-2007 5:25 PM

Now, I currently retired my old headset due to my own carelessness and breaking them. It was said that my headset should be a "recommended headset by the ventrilo server and its usuals so I will share some information on it.

Gigaware USB Stereo Headset with Microphone

This Gigaware™ USB Stereo Headset with Microphone is ideal for voice and video chat, multi-player gaming, music listening and speech recognition. Advanced digital USB streaming audio provides superior clarity with the simplicity of a single USB plug-n-play connection. Noise-canceling microphone filters out unwanted background noise. Convenient and easy to adjust in-line volume and mute control.

• Ideal for voice and video chat, multi-player gaming, music listening, speech recognition
  • Superior clarity with the simplicity of a single USB plug-n-play connection
  • Noise-canceling microphone filters out unwanted background noise

Now after giving you a brief idea with what this headset has to bring you, ill give you my user rating

Pros:
     -Inexpensive. I did not have to go spend a whole paycheck for a headset that would last me. This headset cost me $29.99 at RadioShack (The Source for all you Canadians out there)
     -USB. I loved the USB factor because my old headset before I got this one used the 3.5mm Headphones and Microphone cord. Everytime the cord got caught up on something, they would be yanked out of the PC causing my loud music to be blared out of the monitor. Ultimately, the 3.5mm cords were the reason they headset broke when the cord separated from the plugs. Now when the cord gets tangled and pulled out of the USB, no sound is transmitted out of my PC and the USB comes out without a problem
     -Very comfortable
     -Sound quality from mic is perfect
     -Headphones are clear and sound perfect
     -Skype Suggested (comes with free copy of skype and some free skype minutes)

Cons:
     -Mute button is in the worst place ever. Some times you may accidentally lean up on it and it is activated without warning
     -Blinks way too much for those of you who cant sleep in a room with a blinking light (me) (volume control on cord that is)
     -Cord is not long enough. My headset before this one was a 14 foot cord. I could walk ANYWHERE in my room with the headset on.

http://www.radioshack.com/sm-gigaware-usb-stereo-headset-with-microphone--pi-2486993.html

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS
Copyright {MC}ParaDOX