Illustrator CS2 and Vista

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,293
Troop Posted: 08-08-2007 8:29 PM

Hello! I've noticed when I open up Adobe Illustrator CS2 in Vista, I have problems. What kind of problems? My mouse cursor jumps when I click, moving to a different location. It also glitches around and it's just unworkable. Now, I found a fix. I'd like to tell you that fix. If you order my book today, you can have all your problems fixed, and a special money back guarantee. All you have to do is call now!

Just kidding. Seriously though, if you're having this problem this is what you do:

Right click a Illustrator CS2 shortcut
click Properties
go to the compatibility tab
check off "Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 2)"
check off "Disable desktop composition"

I've down this, and it's completely workable. I've noticed two things that happen: My resolution got larger, the text got smaller and all my windows got smaller because of it, it will only keep this resolution untill you X out of illustrator.
Your desktop theme will change to Windows Vista Basic (mine goes from black to a light blue, because I changed the color of my basic windows vista theme). Once again, it goes back to normal once you X out of Illustrator.

I hope this helps somone.

http://www.paradisesgarage.com/mcweb2/photos/troop/images/2372/original.aspx[/IMG]

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS
Copyright {MC}ParaDOX