there is something wrong with my half-life 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 50 Contributor
Points 892
tensa zangetsu Posted: 11-07-2007 8:15 PM

for the past couple of days i have been trying to play half-life 2 and counter-strike source but everytime i try the game crashes and i get an engine error saying "failed to lock vertex buffer in CMeshDX8::LockVertexBuffer". After i click ok another thing pops up sayin hl2.exe application error "The instruction at "0x241f94f7" referenced memory at "0x0e8af41c". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program." I have uninstalled half life 2 completely off my computer and the reinstalled it from scratch and i still get this error so i just don't know what else i can do to try and fix it.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Points 892

..... well i figured out the problem ..... i feel like such an idiot all i had to do was update my video card driver....

• | Post Points: 23

I'm glad you posted it anyway, this may help someone.. Cool

Keep your video drivers up to date everyone!

Actually that reminds me of a funny story, I have been using the same old video drivers for the last 7 months or so. I decided to update them and after the update my entire computer was laggy! Even moving a window accross the screen took several seconds, Playing a game was impossible. I was getting like 1 FPS, seriously. I had to unistall the new drivers and go back to my old ones...

What's funny (to me) is that with the old drivers I had this problem shutting down or even restarting. It would take up to 10 - 15 minutes to shut down. WIth the new Drivers that problem disappeared and my shut downs took less than a minute. However it made me laaagggg....

So anyway, new computer (new issues) starting tonight... Wish me luck everyone! I'l post info on my new computer soon.

www.ParadisesGarage.com 
Remember... Where ever you go, there you are...

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Copyright {MC}ParaDOX