Introducing Counter Strike 1.7

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Rush Retrospective Counter-Strike [CS] Posted: 08-31-2008 7:47 PM

This is no joke, Steam/Valve has introduced to the public Counter Strike 1.6 Steamworks beta. Through the rules of naming releases, this update should techincally be called Counter Strike 1.7 beta. In conclusion, we're calling it 1.7 to make it stick.

To update, type the following into your internet browser:

steam://install/150

and then it will update/install

Then go to {MC} Paradises CS 1.7 Server at:

67.93.155.120:27017

• | Post Points: 23
Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,458

lol, He's the only 1 who wants to call it 1.7. Everyone else calls it 1.6 revamped or 1.65 or  1.5

Even though there are no signs of changes to the engine, it is terribly bugged causing ppl to get kicked, crash or have other problems. Steamworks beta is probably a program that valve made for their new employees to play around with to see if they can enhance anything or break anything. It may be even to test their programming skills for future games.

But it will never be 1.7 I will argue this until Rush sees the darkness. Rush doesn't even like to play 1.6 anymore so i do not see why he is so into this crappy version of CS.

Only good change in this version of CS is that the Scores Tab now has an extra addition to it, you are able to see yours or others friend icon beside their name. Another change is that there are no ads on dust2 although it's not really something big, any1 could change the map so that it didnt have to include ads. But that's about the only thing. Gameplay and such is basically the same.

There is also a configuration change which i do not like...linking the friends name to your ingame name, takes too much time to just go into ur friends settings and change ur name. It's better just to console name change but some idiot in valve thought it would be better just to make every1 go through extra work just to change their name. I rarely ever use the friends system as well so i think it is a waste of my time, it makes it difficult for admins to go in undercover to determine if someone is hacking or not. Various commands have been messed with and or not working since 1.6 such as the "nosound" command which eliminates the map sounds that are looping each time a round starts. Another terrible glitch that i've been having is that, if i join a server then rejoin, CS would randomly just crash on me. Dunno if others are having a problem with that but this is just ridiculous, i have to restart cs just to join another server. There is also a score problem as well, i think that if you aren't connected to the steam friends network then other pplz names will show up as "[ unknown ]" which i find is an extremely stupid system, making it mandatory for every1 to be logged into the steam friends network just to have their name appear on the scores tab....wth is that, programmers really have lost their feeling for gaming.

In conclusion, the 1.6 engine is pretty much stable aside from weapon glitches and there should be no extra changes to it, the score icons would be a nice touch but not the naming system....if this is actually implemented as 1.7 then the entire CS nation will die along with valve. These new systems r innovative indeed, but they just aren't needed and will screw up the game.

The biggest flaw that i've just discovered and explained in this is the Steam Naming System and the Steam Friends Network being mandatory. Some ppl don't like the steam community network due to its use of processing power because they have old computers, that is sometimes why ppl mostly play 1.6, because they do not have powerful enough computers to play other higher graphic quality games. I used to be that way because my old computer couldnt handle the extra processing power while playing games such as source or sumthing like that.

Now i'm not saying that the steam naming system is a bad thing and all for public users, it just creates to much of a hassle for admins (with low end computers) on servers to go undercover and catch hackers. I do not want to change my name via the steam network, i want to use the console command to change it, but it appears that i can not do that in this version of cs because it FAILS.

Another issue is the Scores Tab, now that is the biggest worst flaw ever....it's making it so you have to be connected to the steam friends network just to see who's score is who's which is the most outrageous thing ever...i have never seen any game do that, every game i've seen just registers every1's name in the player's engine to be able to be viewed via the score tab.

I hope ParaDOX will agree with me on this one but this is the biggest mistake that has ever been created by valve and steam. Which brings up another issue...."Steam" i still think that it is the worst program ever because of all of its glitches.

Unlike in sports, the game of war has no set time limit and no points are awarded, so how do you determine the winners and the losers? When all your enemies are destroyed? 多分そして。

baka, if you were in vent before we even set up this server, you would realize me and para said all of this.

Honestly, them even tampering with a game that has been running successfully as the 13th most popular game to date since 1999 was idiotic. We were talking about if they tamper with too much stuff he will be taking down all the 1.6 servers like he did the TF2 server. We were talking about all the things they want to include into this game which will ruin it. They may possible put achievements like DOS and TF2 into cs 1.6.

Only reason we call it 1.7 is to be stupid...plus it follows the numbering system of releases.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,458

Rush:
baka, if you were in vent before we even set up this server, you would realize me and para said all of this.

Well it's out there and it makes it easier for others to follow along with what is wrong with this release. Also, you were joking around as if that it was the best thing ever to happen to CS. From the logs of Rampage:

{MC}Tom Sawyer: RAMPAGE WHY ARE YOU PLAYING 1.6??!!!

{MC}Tom Sawyer: you should play 1.7 with us!

You seem so enthusiastic about it....if you ever do one of those stunts again....somebuddy *cough cough* Rush is gonna get pwned. And my minions will hunt mercilessly

Unlike in sports, the game of war has no set time limit and no points are awarded, so how do you determine the winners and the losers? When all your enemies are destroyed? 多分そして。

I will be playing CS 1.7 soon under the name "Zashea"

I might be able to come on vent and catch you guys up on my life it has been gone through some drastic changes in regards to location and general facts about my diving. Im living in North Bethesda, Maryland at a boarding school called Georgetown Prep. Its quite famous, some of you might of heard of it. More details if you want later =]

Meh

Wow good to hear from you, thought you fell off the planet! Get in the vent and let us know what's going on. We are usually on in the evenings.

As long as you aren't playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfail 2! (Xbox version is allowed although we will consider you a lamer for buying it.) :)

FYI, what we call CS 1.7 is really just the beta version of CS 1.6. The live and current version is still 1.6. Hardly any of us have been playing CS at all these days. Call of Duty 4, Quake 3 and a few others are what we are playing these days.

www.ParadisesGarage.com 
Remember... Where ever you go, there you are...

I prob wont be on tonight, i didnt bring a mic here lol, can i use my xbox live one?

heres a link to picture

http://www.paradisesgarage.com/mcweb2/media/p/3175.aspx

Meh
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Copyright {MC}ParaDOX