BudaBot Feature suggestion

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

ParaDOX Posted: 06-15-2010 11:52 AM

As most of you know we use BudaBot for Labbot, our MC Labs ORg Chat bot.

I had an idea for an additional feature I thought would be usefull to us and other orgs.

Wishlists

The idea is simple, an ingame way to manage the massive lists of itmes that each toon needs to acquire during the life of your character.

Here's some of the funtionality I have thought of so far:

• Each toon sets up a list of items they would like to have or could use in the near future.
    • !addwishlist - create a named wish list
    • !renwishlist - rename a named wish list
    • !remwishlist - deletes a name wishlist
    • !listwish - List your Wishlist or those of others
    • !addwish - Add an item to your Wishlist, should work with !items search to let the user confirm the item
    • !remwish = remove an item from your Wishlist
    • etc... all the associated otpions needed to faciliate the above.
  • When an orgmate posts an item in chat that he loots or purchases the bot will respond with the names, lvl and time the various toons placed that item in their wishlist.
    Example: My Soldier (Teknite) needs Nano Crystal (Only You, Only Me) and places it in his Wishlist, and then someone in the org loots one and doesn't need it for that toon, they post it in the org chat and the bot responds with: Nano Crystal (Only You, Only Me) Needed by Teknite, lvl 184 Soldier on 6/15/2010. If I'm online I can click the Link the bot posts and it will give me the option to remove the item if I already have it and forgot to remove it from the Wishlist.
    When the person who posts the item clicks the link they can let the bot know that they intend to keep the item, sell it or make it available to orgmates throught the wishlist system.
  • !listitems - shows all the items recently posted by orgmates in the chat, who posted them and when.
  • !movewish - let the Bot know you moved a wishlist item to a different toon for storage. Maybe even keep track of your bank toons. so you can move them easily by clicking a list of your bank toons.
  • If you have a lot of items to post open a chat with the Bot and type !addwishitems and post all the items one after the other. Then others can see what you have available and even be notified when they login.
  • Assign items to specific toons so that they are notified that they have an item waiting for them that was in their wish list.

I'm sure I can think of more features and I'm sure you guys can think of a few more. The idea though is to make it powerful yet simple to use.

I'm interested to see your feedback on this.

www.ParadisesGarage.com 
Remember... Where ever you go, there you are...

this is getting a well deserved bump from me Yes

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Copyright {MC}ParaDOX