Promoting?

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Points 538
Daniel Posted: 04-01-2007 1:45 PM
Have we ever really promoted (E.G. Whored out) {MC}? I mean, we used to have a huge player count, at a time on our rank system we had over 2,000 ranks listed. But no one hits our servers up like that these days, so has anyone considering trying to find places to whore {MC} out at to get a larger community?
  • | Post Points: 56

FYI, We reset our Ranks automatically at 10000. That means that when 10000 unique players are on the list it resets, it has reset fairly recently on the Ohter server and maybe one and a half months ago on the War3ft Server, its up to 4500+ currently...

I think the biggest reason the servers are a little slow at the moment is we (most of the Admins) have been busy working on the site, and doing other things like Warcraft 3. Just before the site upgrade we were all playing regularly and the Grank of all of the servers was steadily getting better according to Game-Monitor. Now that the site is up some of us can start playing again and I can get started on the next phase of our site.

The best way to get people on the servers without pissing off other server owners is the jump on the server and start playing, you would be surprised how fast a game starts and a server fills up sometimes... By all means spread the word however you feel necessary! Rush has some cool binds for advertising the servers and site.

www.ParadisesGarage.com 
Remember... Where ever you go, there you are...

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 5
Yeah, I pretty much promote every time I enter a server
  • | Post Points: 23
Top 25 Contributor
Points 538
Pissing other servers off has always been a concern of mine, so I want to find a forum to promote our website on or something. But I don't know where to start, honestly.
yeah, steal from the rich to provide for the poor
Top 25 Contributor
Points 830
Im preaty sure that X Fire has a forum and you can post your server info there. I know a lot of people check it... Or you could get more clans to join your community. That always works. 
Top 50 Contributor
Points 90
just try and kill me when i'm on, i'm sure that'll keep some people playing for a while :P
Another way to promote the servers is to let people add you to their Steam Friends and Xfire buddy lists. That way they see you playing on the servers and maybe want to join ya! Using Steam friend invites works too, I get them all the time.

www.ParadisesGarage.com 

Top 25 Contributor
Points 830

What if you poped a BOT or 2 on a server see how that works>?

DontShoot:

What if you poped a BOT or 2 on a server see how that works>?

Ew, Bots? Yuch!

Actually they are a pain to deal with on cs 1.6.

www.ParadisesGarage.com 

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Copyright {MC}ParaDOX