Hornets OF DOOM!

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Stab Posted: 04-30-2007 5:04 PM

This is a true story and it happened to me at my diving nationals this week

The first day i went to go see the pool and warmup, thursday moring i got in the pool at 8 and dove till 10, but what i didnt know was that the regular day of diving was going to change into a frenzy of chaos...

So i was on 10 meter platform screaming out to my coach to get his attention, and as usual he would rather eat his chinses food then talk to me. So i let a kid who was behind me go becuase my coach was being a fool and forgot that this was a time to partice and not to eat. So i waited for my coach to stop eating his food, and i was looking around at the divers and this one little kid caught me attention. He was throwing a football around by himslef and i found this funny. So watched him throw the ball into a huge palm tree.

So now the kid took of his shoe and threw it at the tree because he wanted his ball back, he threw it up there and missed for a good 2 minutes. Finally he hit the ball down but thats not all he knocked down...We have all seen bees nests, they dont get much bigger than this one. I mean like the size of 2 ppl just came ploping down and shattered on the ground.

Well it was a good thing my coach ignored me beacuase about 2,000 hornets flew out of nowhere, i mean not just that nest but almost all the nests in the area, it was like a full out assault of pissed off bees. So the pool turned into complete chaos, ppl where jumping in the pool and holding thier breathes and whatnot. and all the parents screamed and ran out of the pool as fast as they could.

So im up 35 feet in the air, watching all this happen, and theres nothing i can do, if i go down, im just giving the bees a better chance of killing me, if i jump down i will land on the divers in the water trying to esacpe the pain. So pretty much im screwed. Well actually i wasnt in a way, because the bees cant fly up that high i guess because none got up to where i was, so i kida stood up there watching the kids and parents a coaches screaming, and running aimlessly around the pool and outside of the pool, i could see a good block down the street also becuase i was so high up.

Lacking somthing better to do i watched the bees slowly sting anything they can, and it was a good 20 minutes before they decided to leave us alone...for now.  So eventually 500 divers get out of the pool and thousands of dead bees are in the pool and on the ground have to get desposed of obviously. The firedepartement finaly comes, after a good 30 minutes after the pool owner called, who sat and watched in his airconditioned room, and didnt let anyone in in the fear of bees coming in his precious room.

So eveyone went home in pain, except for me! lol for some reason i didnt get stung once, so i went back to the hotel and rested, while my friends went to the hospital for bee treatments. So when we get back to the pool the owner gets on the loudspeaker and says the firedepartment has killed any bees in a 2 block radious. (yea right those basterds) So i dive reguarly from friday-saturday-sunday afternoon when im getting my award.

So they accouced all of the events and we where last, finnally i get to go home, i thought. They went threw 50 divers from last to first and they get to my name...And the national...BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......Cham.....BZZZZZZZ.pion.....bbBBzZZZ, i turned around and what did i see, a cloud of hornets coming from a block away fromt the pool, ok now imagine this, ur supposed to get ur medal and get on the award stand and get picutre and get contradualated by all the parents and coaches, but not this time, this time i took the medal from the person who puts it on you and ran, the funny thing was that no one knew y i ran out of the pool and left everyone behind without saying anything, untill that cloud was over the pool and i could hear the ppl screaming again..

So i ran to my V-4 rental car which had to company name and could only go 80mph, and drove of to the airport, and i dont know what happened after that, but all that matters is that i didnt get stung once!!!!!

The End

-STab

Meh
  • Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 56

LOL, Why didn't you warn anyone?

www.ParadisesGarage.com 
Remember... Where ever you go, there you are...

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Points 428

That would be horrible. I despise bees! It is an amusing scenario though.

“The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp” “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.” - Terry Pratchett
  • | Post Points: 23

im more scared of 1 bee than i would be if i cursed on vent with para there, and that would be pretty bad..lol

Meh
Top 25 Contributor
Points 428
Quite, bees are pretty much the only things I'm actually afraid of.
“The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp” “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.” - Terry Pratchett
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Copyright {MC}ParaDOX