haha um..

rated by 0 users
This post has 35 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,293

Ok. We havn't told Reign this, but this is how it started..

We were discovering the truth behind Daboobah being D.Ghetto. I believe this was when we were playing Second Life. All I remember is those two being in chat, and para's always in chat in Ventrilo. They didn't know he was actually watching chat though..and Daboobah said "do you know who I am?" and Reign didn't know so Daboobah said he's D.Ghetto and Reign went "ooo dont tell para". When we heard about that we saw that he was very very loyal to {MC}, especially to ParaDOX, the leader of {MC}. It was then a GROUP decision to take away his admin. He could have just chilled out then, and accepted it and kept playing and we probably would have given it back. However, he decided to start swearing, he used racism trying to get us to ban him, and that's when I put on the *No Mercy!* attitude towards Reign. That's why I tease him. It has nothing to do with [CoR], it's him I don't like. It's not all the time either..he isn't always a bad person, but racism..racism the low of the low, no matter what he was doing. In the end, I'm glad it happened, having a racist admin is bad for the community.

You said You're religious.

Do you forgive Racism?
I'm not. I don't.

That's the truth, nothing but.

http://www.paradisesgarage.com/mcweb2/photos/troop/images/2372/original.aspx[/IMG]

• | Post Points: 38
Top 50 Contributor
Points 328
i love this! :D

ok. now i understand both sides of the story. reign did the whole "this is what happened" and only told me that you guys banned him from cor and were being mean (ill try to clean up my language. sorry, not used to it :P but ill respect you guys. if i slip, im sorry.)

i still stand against both, reign took it too far, mc took it too far, but w/e. i honestly dont really care what goes on because i have way too much stuff to do (for example. i work at fantasy car share, which is an exotic car club out here in vegas. im joining a restaurant with my buddy and his dad who i have known for years. and i have to pay insurance on my nice and slow / good gas V6 mustang and my weekend warrier 2007 C6 corvette. so my plate is full :D not to ignore my 4 classes

again, i apologize for comin here on bad terms. rush, i wasnt trying to hide my indentity (promise) but just make a new name cause i couldnt remember my old one =\.

as you can see, i dont think games are as fun or as important as i used to :P so i usually just go in and make fun of people that DO in fact, take it very serious or deserve to be made fun of :)

hope i am still welcome. MC is insane, but in complete honesty, i think you should lighten up on just a couple things :)

ryan, i was never admin!!! LIAR!!!! hehe and i didnt come in trying to change the subject, fyi!

hope this is over.. lol its kinda rediculous that this is over a game (IMHO)

stay sexy and idle/support #cah, we will idle support your channel (if you got one). we are (most of us) cal-im+ reform team going cal-o. :) i hate cal.
Racing! because baseball football soccer golf and basketball only take on ball... i drive a 2007 c6. imagine that. haha. insurance orbits! jobs do a damn good job with what i need.
  • | Post Points: 41
Top 50 Contributor
Points 328
"You said You're religious.

Do you forgive Racism?
I'm not. I don't.

That's the truth, nothing but."

Well. religion is something we dont need to get into. but the bible says he forgives you as you forgive others. Basically that means that if you forgive, he forgives. If you do not forgive, he does not forgive.

I am not racist, but very stereotypical. I am an ameture fighter with a record of 4-2-2. Both losses and ties were from two UFC fighters. My 4 wins were all from current professional fighters (1 heavyweight boxer. i won by points. 3 MMA, i won by submission). I get loads of black people coming and talking poop to me because of this, so i tend to have a shorter patience with them :) So when it comes down to it, i call black people what i shouldnt, but all i am doing is returning the favor.

Being that you say you dont stand or forgive racism, I'm assuming you dont like any black people. I say this because I have NEVER ever ever ever ever ever in my LIFE met a black person who didnt say the N word or call white people crackers or honkeys or w/e they think makes them tough infront of their friends. ;) hehe love ya
Racing! because baseball football soccer golf and basketball only take on ball... i drive a 2007 c6. imagine that. haha. insurance orbits! jobs do a damn good job with what i need.
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,458

ryan, i was never admin!!! LIAR!!!! hehe and i didnt come in trying to change the subject, fyi!

lol i knew you couldn't have been an admin...those bastards told me that you were admin once before. I know you were chosen for upcoming admin but never knew that you were or not. So i blame that on ParaDOX and Troop lol but yeah you know the rules nevertheless.

Unlike in sports, the game of war has no set time limit and no points are awarded, so how do you determine the winners and the losers? When all your enemies are destroyed? 多分そして。
Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,293

You did have access to admin at one point. I don't think we need to lighten up, because we're just having fun. Reign is fun to make fun of, and he deserves it so I don't feel bad about it. As far as me not being able to stand African Americans, not all of them are stereotypical like that. The ones that are, I can't stand. Who gives in to peer pressure anyways? Pathetic.

http://www.paradisesgarage.com/mcweb2/photos/troop/images/2372/original.aspx[/IMG]

Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,458

Yeah just clarified with Doded, you did have admin lol for a short time. So my bad on that one....again....

Unlike in sports, the game of war has no set time limit and no points are awarded, so how do you determine the winners and the losers? When all your enemies are destroyed? 多分そして。
Top 50 Contributor
Points 328
well. ill say one more thing lol.

leave cor alone. there is no need for you to go in and start banning people.. even jake (who i didnt know played cs anymore) was banned for no apparent reason (according to him)... it is gettin old guys
  • | Post Points: 23

only person we banned was reign. Never banned jake (unless we did from {MC}) 

Top 50 Contributor
Points 328
gotcha
Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,293
Troop replied on 08-30-2007 3:28 PM

Francis Bacon, 1st Viscount St Alban (22 January 15619 April 1626) was an English philosopher, statesman, and essayist, but is best known as a philosophical advocate and defender of the scientific revolution. Indeed, his dedication brought him into a rare historical group of scientists who were killed by their own experiments.

His works established and popularized an inductive methodology for scientific inquiry, often called the Baconian method or simply, the scientific method. In the context of his time such methods were connected with the occult trends of hermeticism and alchemy[citation needed]. Nevertheless, his demand for a planned procedure of investigating all things natural marked a new turn in the rhetorical and theoretical framework for science, much of which still surrounds conceptions of proper methodology today.

Bacon was knighted in 1603, created Baron Verulam in 1618, and created Viscount St Alban in 1621; without heirs, both peerages became extinct upon his death. He has been credited as the creator of the English essay.[citation needed]

Contents

Francis Bacon was born at York House, Strand, London. He was the youngest of five sons of Sir Nicholas Bacon, Lord Keeper of the Great Seal under Elizabeth I. His mother, Ann Cooke Bacon, was the second wife of Sir Nicholas. She was a member of the Reformed or Puritan Church, and a daughter of Sir Anthony Cooke. Her sister married William Cecil, Lord Burghley, the chief minister of Queen Elizabeth I.

Biographers believe that Bacon received an education at home in his early years, and that his health during that time, as later, was delicate. He entered Trinity College, Cambridge, in 1573 at the age of twelve, living for three years there with his older brother Anthony.

At Cambridge he first met the Queen, who was impressed by his precocious intellect, and was accustomed to call him "the young Lord Keeper".

There also his studies of science brought him to the conclusion that the methods (and thus the results) were erroneous. His reverence for Aristotle conflicted with his dislike of Aristotelian philosophy, which seemed to him barren, disputatious, and wrong in its objectives.

On 27 June 1576, he and Anthony were entered de societate magistrorum at Gray's Inn, and a few months later they went abroad with Sir Amias Paulet, the English ambassador at Paris. The disturbed state of government and society in France under Henry III afforded him valuable political instruction.

The sudden death of his father in February 1579 necessitated Bacon's return to England, and seriously influenced his fortunes. Sir Nicholas had laid up a considerable sum of money to purchase an estate for his youngest son, but he died before doing so, and Francis was left with only a fifth of that money. Having started with insufficient means, he borrowed money and became habitually in debt. To support himself, he took up his residence in law at Gray's Inn in 1579.

Bacon's goals were threefold: discovery of truth, service to his country, and service to the church. Knowing that a prestigious post would aid him toward these ends, in 1580 he applied, through his uncle, Lord Burghley, for a post at court which might enable him to devote himself to a life of learning. His application failed, and for the next two years he worked quietly at Gray's Inn giving himself seriously to the study of law, until admitted as an outer barrister in 1582. In 1584 he took his seat in parliament for Melcombe in Dorset, and subsequently for Taunton (1586). He wrote on the condition of parties in the church, and he wrote down his thoughts on philosophical reform in the lost tract, Temporis Partus Maximus, but he failed to obtain a position of the kind he thought necessary for his own success.

In the Parliament of 1586 he took a prominent part in urging the execution of Mary Queen of Scots. About this time he seems again to have approached his powerful uncle, the result of which may possibly be traced in his rapid progress at the bar, and in his receiving, in 1589, the reversion to the Clerkship of the Star Chamber, a valuable appointment, the enjoyment of which, however, he did not enter into until 1608.

During this period Bacon became acquainted with Robert Devereux, 2nd Earl of Essex (1567–1601), Queen Elizabeth's favorite. By 1591 he was acting as the earl's confidential adviser. Bacon took his seat for Middlesex when in February 1593 Elizabeth called a Parliament to investigate a Roman Catholic plot against her. His opposition to a bill that would levy triple subsidies in half the usual time (he objected to the time span) offended many people; he was accused of seeking popularity, and was for a time excluded from the court. When the Attorney-Generalship fell vacant in 1594 and Bacon became a candidate for the office, Lord Essex's influence could not secure him the position; in fashion, Bacon failed to become solicitor in 1595. To console him for these disappointments, Essex presented him with a property at Twickenham, which he subsequently sold for £1800, the equivalent of around £240,000 today.

In 1596 he was made a Queen's Counsel, but missed the appointment of Master of the Rolls. During the next few years, his financial situation remained bad. His friends could find no public office for him, a scheme for retrieving his position by a marriage with the wealthy widow Lady Elizabeth Hatton failed, and in 1598 he was arrested for debt. His standing in the queen's eyes, however, was beginning to improve. He gradually acquired the standing of one of the learned counsel, though he had no commission or warrant and received no salary. His relationship with the queen also improved when he severed ties with Essex, a fortunate move considering that the latter would be executed for treason in 1601; and Bacon was one of those appointed to investigate the charges against him, and examine witnesses, in connection with which he showed eagerness in pressing the case against his former friend and benefactor. This act Bacon endeavoured to justify in A Declaration of the Practices and Treasons, etc., of ... the Earl of Essex, etc. He received a gift of a fine of £1200 on one of Essex's accomplices.

The accession of James I brought Bacon into greater favour; he was knighted in 1603, and endeavoured to set himself right with the new powers by writing his Apologie (defence) of his proceedings in the case of Essex, who had favoured the succession of James. In 1606 during the course of the uneventful first parliament session Bacon married Alice Barnham (1592–1650), the fourteen year old daughter of a well-connected London alderman and M.P. Little or nothing is known of their married life. In his last will he disinherited her.

In 1608, Bacon entered upon the Clerkship of the Star Chamber, and was in the enjoyment of a large income; but old debts and present extravagance kept him embarrassed, and he endeavoured to obtain further promotion and wealth by supporting the king in his arbitrary policy. However, Bacon's services were rewarded in June 1607 with the office of Solicitor. In 1610 the famous fourth parliament of James met. Despite Bacon's advice to him, James and the Commons found themselves frequently at odds over royal prerogatives and the king's embarrassing extravagance, and the House was dissolved in February 1611. Through this Bacon managed in frequent debate to uphold the prerogative, while retaining the confidence of the Commons. In 1613, Bacon was finally able to become attorney general, by dint of advising the king to shuffle judicial appointments; and in this capacity he would prosecute Somerset in 1616. The parliament of April 1614 objected to Bacon's presence in the seat for Cambridge — he was allowed to stay, but a law was passed that forbade the attorney-general to sit in parliament — and to the various royal plans which Bacon had supported. His obvious influence over the king inspired resentment or apprehension in many of his peers.

Bacon continued to receive the King's favour, and in 1618 was appointed by James to the position of Lord Chancellor. His public career ended in disgrace in 1621 when, after having fallen into debt, a Parliamentary Committee on the administration of the law charged him with corruption under twenty-three counts. To the lords, who sent a committee to inquire whether the confession was really his, he replied, "My lords, it is my act, my hand, and my heart; I beseech your lordships to be merciful to a broken reed." He was sentenced to a fine of £40,000, remitted by the king, to be committed to the Tower of London during the king's pleasure (his imprisonment in fact lasted only a few days). More seriously, Lord St Alban was declared incapable of holding future office or sitting in parliament. He narrowly escaped being deprived of his titles. Thenceforth the disgraced viscount devoted himself to study and writing.

It has been argued by Nieves Mathews that Bacon was in fact innocent of the bribery charges; Bacon himself claimed he was forced to plead guilty so as to save King James from a political scandal, stating:

I was the justest judge, that was in England these last fifty years. When the book of all hearts is opened, I trust I shall not be found to have the troubled fountain of a corrupt heart. I know I have clean hands and a clean heart. I am as innocent of bribes as any born on St Innocents Day.

In March, 1626, Lord St Alban came to London. Continuing his scientific research, he was journeying to Highgate through snow with the King's physician when, as John Aubrey recounts in Brief Lives, he was suddenly inspired by the possibility of using the snow to preserve meat. According to Aubrey "They were resolved they would try the experiment presently. They alighted out of the coach and went into a poor woman's house at the bottom of Highgate hill, and bought a fowl, and made the woman exenterate it". After stuffing the fowl with snow, he happened to contract a fatal case of pneumonia. He then attempted to extend his fading lifespan by consuming the fowl that had caused his illness. Some people, including Aubrey, consider these two contiguous, possibly coincidental events as related and causative of his death: "The Snow so chilled him that he immediately fell so extremely ill, that he could not return to his Lodging ...but went to the Earle of Arundel's house at Highgate, where they put him into ... a damp bed that had not been layn-in ... which gave him such a cold that in 2 or 3 days as I remember Mr Hobbes told me, he died of Suffocation." He died at Lord Arundel's home[1] in Highgate on 9 April 1626, leaving assets of about £7,000 and debts to the amount of £22,000.

Various authors, such as Parker Woodward [2] and Mike Thomas [3] argue that Bacon's death was falsified, and that there is evidence of this hidden in an emblem on the front page of Bacon's last work, New Atlantis. They further argue that the whole of Aubrey's 'account' was erroneous. Moreover, they claim that Bacon's New Atlantis is part of an intricate complex system of ciphers, and was meant to be read in conjunction with other works, Shakespeare's Sonnets being one such work.

Bacon's works include his Essays, as well as the Colours of Good and Evil and the Meditationes Sacrae, all published in 1597. His famous aphorism, "knowledge is power", is found in the Meditations. He published The Proficience and Advancement of Learning in 1605. Bacon also wrote In felicem memoriam Elizabethae, a eulogy for the queen written in 1609; and various philosophical works which constitute the fragmentary and incomplete Instauratio magna, the most important part of which is the Novum Organum (published 1620). Bacon also wrote the Astrologia Sana and expressed his belief that stars had physical effects on the planet. He is also known for The New Atlantis, a utopian novel he wrote in 1626.

Bacon did not propose an actual philosophy, but rather a method of developing philosophy; he wrote that, whilst philosophy at the time used the deductive syllogism to interpret nature, the philosopher should instead proceed through inductive reasoning from fact to axiom to law. Before beginning this induction, the inquirer is to free his mind from certain false notions or tendencies which distort the truth. These are called "Idols"[4] (idola), and are of four kinds: "Idols of the Tribe" (idola tribus), which are common to the race; "Idols of the Den" (idola specus), which are peculiar to the individual; "Idols of the Marketplace" (idola fori), coming from the misuse of language; and "Idols of the Theatre" (idola theatri), which result from an abuse of authority. The end of induction is the discovery of forms, the ways in which natural phenomena occur, the causes from which they proceed.

Bacon's somewhat fragmentary ethical system, derived through use of his methods, is explicated in the seventh and eighth books of his De augmentis scientiarum (1623). He distinguishes between duty to the community, an ethical matter, and duty to God, a purely religious matter. Any moral action is the action of the human will, which is governed by reason and spurred on by the passions; habit is what aids men in directing their will toward the good. No universal rules can be made, as both situations and men's characters differ.

Bacon distinctly separated religion and philosophy, though the two can coexist. Where philosophy is based on reason, faith is based on revelation, and therefore irrational — in De augmentis he writes that "the more discordant, therefore, and incredible, the divine mystery is, the more honour is shown to God in believing it, and the nobler is the victory of faith." And yet he writes in "The Essays: Of Atheism" that "a little philosophy inclineth man’s mind to atheism; but depth in philosophy bringeth men’s minds about to religion", suggesting he continued to employ inductive reasoning in all areas of his life, including his own spiritual beliefs.

Bacon contrasted the new approach, of the development of science, with that of the Middle Ages. He once said, to top it all off: "Men have sought to make a world from their own conception and to draw from their own minds all the material which they employed, but if, instead of doing so, they had consulted experience and observation, they would have the facts and not opinions to reason about, and might have ultimately arrived at the knowledge of the laws which govern the material world."

In Bacon's work Novum Organum, he cites three world-changing inventions in the West, but does not seem to be aware that they all hail from China.

"Printing, gunpowder and the compass: These three have changed the whole face and state of things throughout the world; the first in literature, the second in warfare, the third in navigation; whence have followed innumerable changes, in so much that no empire, no sect, no star seems to have exerted greater power and influence in human affairs than these mechanical discoveries." - Novum Organum "For our ordinances and rites we have two very long and fair galleries. In one of these we place patterns and samples of all manner of the more rare and excellent inventions; in the other we place the statues of all principal inventors. There we have the statue of your Columbus, that discovered the West Indies, also the inventor of ships, your monk that was the inventor of ordnance and of gunpowder, the inventor of music, the inventor of letters, the inventor of printing, the inventor of observations of astronomy, the inventor of works in metal, the inventor of glass, the inventor of silk of the worm, the inventor of wine, the inventor of corn and bread, the inventor of sugars; and all these by more certain tradition than you have. Then we have divers inventors of our own, of excellent works; which, since you have not seen) it were too long to make descriptions of them; and besides, in the right understanding of those descriptions you might easily err. For upon every invention of value we erect a statue to the inventor, and give him a liberal and honorable reward. These statues are some of brass, some of marble and touchstone, some of cedar and other special woods gilt and adorned; some of iron, some of silver, some of gold."

Bacon's ideas about the improvement of the human lot were influential in the 1630s and 1650s among a number of Parliamentarian scholars. During the Restoration, Bacon was commonly invoked as a guiding spirit of the new-founded Royal Society. In the nineteenth century his emphasis on induction was revived and developed by William Whewell, among others.

Bacon was ranked #90 on Michael H. Hart's list of the most influential figures in history.

Several authors, such as A .L. Rowse, [5] Rictor Norton, Devil and Alan Stewart, [7] accept the possibility that he had homosexual inclinations. Nieves Mathews, author of Francis Bacon: The History of a Character Assassination, Music argues that the sources are not conclusive : (1) a quote from the private diary of Simonds D'Ewes (a disputable source since he was Bacon's enemy in Parliament), (2) a quote from Brief Lives by John Aubrey (written after Bacon's passing): he "was a pederast" and "had ganimeds and favourites", (3) a note by Ann Bacon in which she expressed disapproval of the friends Francis and Anthony were associating with (since one was a "Papist" and money was owned to her sons).

Beginning early in the 20th century in the U.S.A., a number of metaphysical organizations, such as the I AM Activity, [9] The Bridge to Freedom, [10] The Temple of The Presence, [11] and various others [12] began making the claim that Francis Bacon had never died. They claimed that soon after completing the "Shake-Speare" plays, he had feigned his own death on Easter Sunday 1626 and then traveled extensively outside of England, eventually attaining his physical Ascension on May 1, 1684 in the region of the Carpathian Mountains. [13] The belief is that Bacon took on the name "Saint Germain" as an Ascended Master, and is now known as "The Chohan of the Seventh Ray of Freedom" for the Earth and, since May 1, 1954, is the Hierarch for the "Dawning Golden Age" in the current two thousand year cycle of the Age of Aquarius. Under the name "Saint Germain", Bacon is considered a central figure in the "Ascended Master Teachings", and they claim that he teaches about "The One" (a Source that is a "Universal All-Pervading Presence of Life"), the "Individualized I AM Presence" (the "Self-Conscious Immortal Identity" of each person streaming from "The One" to the lower matter planes), and complete "Divine Freedom" from all human limitation. [14]

Since the 1800s, many scholars have suggested that Bacon was the author of the works attributed to Shakespeare. Francis Carr has suggested that Francis Bacon wrote Shakespeare's plays and Don Quixote.[15] See Shakespearean authorship question and Baconian theory.

One theory based on Bacon's cipher was published by Edward Clark in a late 19th century book called The Tale of the Shakspere Epitaph by Francis Bacon and referred to an inscription on a bust of Shakespeare which used a mixture of letter-shapes. Unfortunately the stone had crumbled and been replaced more than half a century earlier, so Clark had to rely on copies. He was building on an article by Hugh Black in The North American Review suggesting that the inscription concealed the sentence, "FRA BA WRT EAR AY", an abbreviation of "Francis Bacon wrote Shakespeare's plays."

• Filed under:
Top 25 Contributor
Points 985

I really tried to stay out of the whole "bacon" thing but I gotta say Troop, that was waaaay too much information.

Sometimes you eat the bear. Sometimes the bear eats you.

for real.. THANKS TROOP! if i ever have to do a work on bacon i'll know where to look haha

Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,293

I know, I'm good. I've covered all forms of Bacon, bwahahaha!

lol! theres only one thing u got wrong from wat i read lol.. french is written francais and not francis!!! muahahahaha

DaBoobah:
lol! theres only one thing u got wrong from wat i read lol.. french is written francais and not francis!!! muahahahaha

Then you obviously did not read the entire quite informitve post on Francis Bacon, it is a persons name, someone who lived long ago....

www.ParadisesGarage.com 
Remember... Where ever you go, there you are...

haha.. well ure prolly right.. jeez.. im not as smart as i thought.. damn..

Page 2 of 2 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Copyright {MC}ParaDOX