Action Video Games Improve Vision!

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,458
DarkAstraea Posted: 03-30-2009 10:40 AM

This is awesome =D now we can show this to our parents and say that these games are good for us. Was wondering for a while why my eye sight hasn't been changing very much for the passed few years. So all hail the FPS video game industry!!

(CLICK ME NOW)

"According to a new study, people who played fighting games on their PCs became up to a 58 percent better at perceiving fine contrast differences, an important aspect of eyesight. The breakthrough is significant because it was previously thought that the ability to notice even very small changes in shades of grey against a uniform background could not be improved. Contrast sensitivity is the primary limiting factor in how well one sees. Volunteers in the study played intensively for 50 hours over nine weeks with either Unreal Tournament 2004 and Call of Duty 2, and the results were compared with another group who played The Sims 2, which is richly visual but does not require as much hand-eye coordination. The improvements lasted for months after game play stopped. The new finding suggests action video games could be used as training devices as a useful complement to eye-correction techniques, since gaming may teach the brain's visual cortex to make better use of the information it receives."

Unlike in sports, the game of war has no set time limit and no points are awarded, so how do you determine the winners and the losers? When all your enemies are destroyed? 多分そして。
  • | Post Points: 23
Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,293

"played intensively for 50 hours over nine weeks"

Seriously? 50 hours over nine weeks is intense? I used to do 40 hours during the average school week.

http://www.paradisesgarage.com/mcweb2/photos/troop/images/2372/original.aspx[/IMG]

Top 50 Contributor
Points 66

yeah i usually do up to 40,50 hours a week depends on whether i have practice or if im at a friends house  

Rofl....

www.ParadisesGarage.com 
Remember... Where ever you go, there you are...

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Copyright {MC}ParaDOX