Social Networking Sites Attacked By DDoS Attacker

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,458
DarkAstraea Posted: 08-07-2009 11:21 AM

"The elusive Precision dropped a submission in my lap about a DDoS taking down Twitter running on CNet. It's been down for several hours, no doubt wreaking havoc on the latest hawtness in social networking. Won't someone please think of the tweeters? Word is that both Facebook & LiveJournal have been having problems this AM as well."

(Click Me)

"A Georgian blogger with accounts on Twitter, Facebook, LiveJournal, and Google's Blogger and YouTube was targeted in a denial of service attack that led to yesterday's site-wide outage at Twitter and problems at the other sites on, according to a Facebook executive. The blogger, who uses the account name 'Cyxymu' (the name of a town in the Republic of Georgia), had accounts on all of the different sites that were attacked at the same time, Max Kelly, chief security officer at Facebook, told CNet News."

(Click Me)

Unlike in sports, the game of war has no set time limit and no points are awarded, so how do you determine the winners and the losers? When all your enemies are destroyed? 多分そして。
  • | Post Points: 23
Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,293

Yeah, I remember that. I didn't know the cause of the attacks though. I didn't know they attacked Youtube and Google but I do find it hilarious that it doesn't even look like it made Google flinch. I had no idea they were even attacked. Don't mess with Google, :P.

http://www.paradisesgarage.com/mcweb2/photos/troop/images/2372/original.aspx[/IMG]

Google has their server distributed around the globe to handle the load. So they don't notice this as much. Most Social networking sites have their data in a centralized location, making them susceptible to these types of attacks. They could spread their data around but it would have delay's as the data was sychronized between sites.

www.ParadisesGarage.com 
Remember... Where ever you go, there you are...

Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,293

Well, Twitter goes down all the time because people tweet too much, so it's not surprising that any attack would wipe them off the internets.

http://www.paradisesgarage.com/mcweb2/photos/troop/images/2372/original.aspx[/IMG]

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Copyright {MC}ParaDOX