3D Displays Have Hazardous Side Effects

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,458
DarkAstraea Posted: 06-27-2010 3:43 AM

"Turns out 3D television can be inherently dangerous to developing children, and perhaps to adults as well. There's a malaise in children that can prevent full stereopsis (depth perception) from developing, called strabismus or lazy-eye. It is an abnormal alignment of the eyes in which the eyes do not focus on the same object — kind of like when you watch a 3D movie. As a result, depth perception is compromised. Acting on a hunch, the guys over at Audioholics contacted Mark Pesce, who worked with Sega on its VR Headset over 15 years ago — you know, the headset that never made it to market. As it turns out, back then Sega uncovered serious health risks involved with children consuming 3D and quickly buried the reports, and the project. Unfortunately, the same dangers exist in today's 3D, and the electronics, movie, and gaming industries seem to be ignoring the issue. If fully realized, 3D just might affect the vision of millions of children and, according to the latest research, many adults, across the country."

(OMGZ CLICK) (strabismus?)

Unlike in sports, the game of war has no set time limit and no points are awarded, so how do you determine the winners and the losers? When all your enemies are destroyed? 多分そして。

I always knew something like this was going to come out.

I myself have 2 sets of 3D LCD glasses for my computer, they came with various vidoe cards. I have only used them for a short while and never let anyone else use them as I felt the strain on the eyes was not normal or good for you.

Thanks for this very informative post.

www.ParadisesGarage.com 
Remember... Where ever you go, there you are...

• | Post Points: 23

Thanks Dark. Amazing how this has been covered up so thoroughly that most people out there actually believe VR is beyond our current technology (which is silly, because as technology improves, so do graphics and graphics hardware requirements). I always suspected it was something more along the line of health side effects that kept delaying VR, but never bothered to look into it myself.

Great post.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Copyright {MC}ParaDOX