Blizzard: Jerks Much?

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Stab Posted: 11-20-2007 2:49 PM

Ok, I have to admit i like Wow but i now officialy hate it and Blizzard with a Passion.

In China i was leveling my guy during my off time cuse i had nothing better to do, and CS and Vent didnt work out to well there.

I got my guy up to 69 and when i tryed to log on a week ago it was banned and here is what blizzard says...

***Notice of Account Closure***

This is a notification regarding the World of Warcraft account M*********A.  Access to this account has been permanently disabled for exploitation of the World of Warcraft economy or for being associated to accounts which have been closed for intended exploitation.  While we try to be as lenient as possible in our assessments of the results of exploitation investigations, exploitative endeavors on your accounts have ultimately lead to their closure.  The recurring subscription on the account has been disabled to prevent further charges.

I sent them a e-mail asking what i did wrong and this was what i got in return...

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us in regards to your account issue.  We have completed a second review of your recent account actions to ensure accuracy.  Unfortunately, our decision remains, and has now been reconfirmed by this second investigation.  Please understand that this account closure is final and will not be reversed under any circumstances.  We do not make this decision lightly, and do this solely to maintain the integrity of the World of Warcraft.

Please review the World of Warcraft Terms of Use (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/termsofuse.html) which states in Section 6 [Security of Login Information] that "You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Login Information, and you will be responsible for all uses of your Login Information, whether or not authorized by you."

Additionally, Section 3 [Establishing an Account] states that your Password is to be kept confidential at all times and you are solely responsible for the security of your Password.  You may not disclose your Password to anyone, or allow your Password to be used by anyone other than yourself and/or your one (1) minor child.  You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Password, and you will be responsible for all uses of your Password, whether or not authorized by you.  Also, note that the security of the Account is your responsibility.  Furthermore, Blizzard does not recognize the transfer of Accounts. You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void.

They said i bought powerleveling which i did not know exsited up untill now becuase i had playing in China which is a significant different from where i have been playing it in before in NJ. So i am not officially (did i spell that right) not playing wow anymore becuase i can waste that much time on a guy again.

One bar away from 70, but i really dont care cuse i had made a 70 i would be just another loser with a 70.

So yea w.e.

To a better topic. I will hopefully getting a new dell XPS. Since windows doesnt work on a MACINTRASH, i have not been able to be a part of the MC community and i miss playing and chilling with you guys. So hopefully when i get my new computer i can become active again.

-Stab =]

Meh
  • | Post Points: 59

So, let me get this straight....

Because you went to China and logged in from there they banned your account? Did they assume that you were paying someone to power level you because your IP address changed?

My IP Address just changed (New ISP) so does that mean they might ban Mayhem's Account?

Did you explain to them that you were training in China and can prove it? That NO ONE has ever had your accout information?

I understand why they do these things but I think you got screwed because they made assumptions based on your IP address changes. We track all IP addresses, we always did and always will for similar reasons, to make sure the person is who they say they are. This goes for the Game servers, Voice servers and Web server.

These kind of injustices piss me off!

www.ParadisesGarage.com 
Remember... Where ever you go, there you are...

• | Post Points: 41
Top 25 Contributor
Points 728

Blizzard bans IPs that have logged in from different ranges across the world. Example: China is a gold farming country. Seriously. Just watch this video:

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/stream.php?id=45561&stream=Youtube 

But anyway, this is done because people's account IPs switching from the US to China sure as hell looks like someone's cheating, therefore, PermaBan thats irreversible.

Sorry bout your luck, but you just look like everyone else who gives their account away for powerleveling at this point.

@Para - You should be fine, I mean, i play from school, and at home, and im not banned yet. and thats saying something. lol 

• | Post Points: 5
ParaDOX:

So, let me get this straight....

Because you went to China and logged in from there they banned your account? Did they assume that you were paying someone to power level you because your IP address changed?

My IP Address just changed (New ISP) so does that mean they might ban Mayhem's Account?

Did you explain to them that you were training in China and can prove it? That NO ONE has ever had your accout information?

I understand why they do these things but I think you got screwed because they made assumptions based on your IP address changes. We track all IP addresses, we always did and always will for similar reasons, to make sure the person is who they say they are. This goes for the Game servers, Voice servers and Web server.

These kind of injustices piss me off!

See para ur fine. It would have be a huge change like here to china. As long as it is a US ip there will be no problem
Meh
  • | Post Points: 23

There must be some legal documentation of your visits to China, see if you can get them to check out that stuff. Give them links to dive meets with proof that were diving in China and that were going back and forth..

Otr just give up and come back and play other games with us...  :)

www.ParadisesGarage.com 

I am threw with Wow for now, once i get a new comp i will be chillen with u guys. =]
Meh
Ok, An update on this topic... I have sent blizzard a very very very long e-mail Including : Hotel Bill, Internet bill WITH IP address, Picture of VISA/Passport for china, Reason going there, The signed contract of the USA Diving Regulations of Training in another country, Pciture of me infront of Hotel and pool (with team) and a huge letter explaining every picture. I took your idea of telling them that if they do not give my account back i will never buy a blizzard product again and stuff like that. IF this doesnt work, i will cry
Meh

Good luck, Keep us posted...

www.ParadisesGarage.com 

Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,293

http://www.paradisesgarage.com/mcweb2/photos/troop/images/2372/original.aspx[/IMG]

Top 25 Contributor
Points 728
Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,458

You.............(fill in what you know i'm gonna say)

On another issue, gotta love azn farmers =D

Unlike in sports, the game of war has no set time limit and no points are awarded, so how do you determine the winners and the losers? When all your enemies are destroyed? 多分そして。
Top 25 Contributor
Points 728

Stab:

One bar away from 70, but i really dont care cuse i had made a 70 i would be just another loser with a 70.

btw, clearly you do care, otherwise you wouldn't have made this post. lol.

i care that they took my account, and i want revenge, i get what ur saying and i have no reasponse lol
Meh
Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Copyright {MC}ParaDOX