X-Fire - CS lags intermittantly

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 3 Followers

ParaDOX Posted: 05-15-2007 10:35 AM

For those of you who think I have been Lost to WoW. Please... have a little faith!

I have been closing X-Fire to Play CS due to some strange intermittant (Every 5 Seconds) lag spikes. It basically freezes my screen for about 1-2 seconds every five seconds or so. It is impossible to play this way so I have to shut down X-Fire. It doesn't seem to affect WoW so I leave it running when I play that.

For the past couple of days I have actually logged more CS time than WoW time. Ask Luzcious, he has been pwning me on Superhero server... Which brings me to another topic....

I hope X-Fire fixes this soon.

X-Fire Nick: mcparadox - If I don't accept your invite PM me to let me know who it is... I will add anyone who is a member of our community.

www.ParadisesGarage.com 
Remember... Where ever you go, there you are...

u will forever be lost to WoW muahahahahahahahahahaahhaahhaahhaahahahah 

Meh
  • | Post Points: 23
Top 25 Contributor
Points 934

Stab ur lost to WoW

Now u r my enemy

not lost, forgotten...muahahaha
Meh

It has something to do with xfire. I have no idea quite what it is, but I know it causes me to crash in Day Of Defeat: Source every so often. Xfire always gives me this when I crash too.

Mayhem frequently gets the same error while playing WoW or War3 FT. Other than the lag I dont have any problems with X-fire.

www.ParadisesGarage.com 

so ure tellin me dat all this time i was wonderin y it lagged when i played cs was cuz of xfire?

Yeah unfortunately...

I am sure they will resolve it soon. It happened after their last update.

www.ParadisesGarage.com 

its been much longer than that for me 

• | Post Points: 5

Well it took them long enough!!! I was ready to uninstall it!

They finally got their act together and fixed the most obnoxious bug they have ever had. Here are the release notes for the latest version released today:

Release notes for 1.76May 29th, 2007
  • Added the two most recent screenshots taken by your friends in the infoview.-->
  • Added notifications in the Xfire application when a *beta* clan/guild event is about to happen.
  • Added upcoming clan events to the infoview when you select a clan.
  • Added kill/death statistics to Call of Duty United Offensive. If you play CODUO online, check out your profile page to see your statistics soon after you finish a game session.
  • Added the ability to drag and drop files to a chat window to send a file.
  • Reduced the CPU usage of Xfire when it polls for games every 5 seconds.
  • Added a gaming blog feature which is displayed on your profile page as well.
  • Fixed a problem with the automatic update system that could cause abort/retry/ignore prompts.
  • Changed screenshots on profile pages to .jpg files to display much faster.
  • Fixed several small problems with group voice chats.
  • Improved Xfire In-Game performance with Lord of the Rings Online.
  • Fixed a huge possible CPU usage problem with accessing World of Warcraft armory data when viewing a user playing that game.
  • New games supported: Resident Evil 4, Ancient Wars - Sparta, Spider-Man 3, Frontline - Fields of Thunder, Broken Sword - The Angel of Death, Cricket 07, Chess Titans, Inkball, Mahjong Titans, Purble Place, Hold 'Em, Brian Lara International Cricket 2007, LMA Manager 2007, UEFA Champions League 2006-2007, FIFA Manager 07, Virtua Tennis 3, Boiling Point, Cellfactor Revolution, and Infernal.

Starting with this release, we are launching a small beta-testing program to find and fix more bugs before Xfire is released. We have moved releases to mondays (or tuesdays in the case of holidays in the United States) to compensate for this.

As far as I can see they resolved the Major CPU spikes every five mintues that was making it unusable by many. I have been running it all day and there have been no issues so far.

Get the latest version or let it autoupdate and you should see a big improvement in the performance. Basically it should stop being a problem and sit quietly and play nice with the other programs....

www.ParadisesGarage.com 

I guarentee that I will still get crashes in DODS when using xfire, despite all the "crash supports" i send.

if what I say is true, I will still keep firefox logged off.

Try it and let me know... They did fix the lag issue. It's not causing any CPU spikes anymore.

www.ParadisesGarage.com 

I forgot about the xfire update, lol (damn you second life). Ill be sure to test it out this weekend

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Copyright {MC}ParaDOX