Custom Made $16,000 Computer

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,458
DarkAstraea Posted: 03-23-2009 9:25 AM

Ever wonder what a custom $16,000 looks like?

(Click Me)

The process it took to actually make this computer is actually quite amazing. Brings me back to my highschool days doing things by hand.

"Our client came to us with a need we hear often: he wanted a high performance machine, but wanted it quiet. Of course, “quiet” is a subjective term... Building a mainstream PC to be quiet isn't difficult at all, but high-performance machines are more challenging. This particular computer has four quad-core Opteron processors, 32 GB of memory, two VelociRaptor hard drives in RAID1, and six 1 TB hard drives in RAID 5. That's not a easy machine to make quiet! We opted to cool the machine with a massive radiator mounted to the side of the case, providing an extreme amount of radiator surface area, allowing us to run the fans at 5 V for nearly silent operation. And the temperature on the CPUs? 36 C at idle, 45 C at load.

To get a computer with that kind of processing power is simply amazing in the eyes of engineers and programmers.

Unlike in sports, the game of war has no set time limit and no points are awarded, so how do you determine the winners and the losers? When all your enemies are destroyed? 多分そして。
  • | Post Points: 41

I wonder why they went with the Opterons... Intel i7's smoke anything AMD has...

www.ParadisesGarage.com 
Remember... Where ever you go, there you are...

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Points 8,293

I'll take one...

For free.

http://www.paradisesgarage.com/mcweb2/photos/troop/images/2372/original.aspx[/IMG]

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Copyright {MC}ParaDOX